IPMItool for Termux (Android / Chromebook)
This is a follow up to my previous post outlining my chromebook setup.
I managed to get IPMItool to compile in my Termux environment. Here's how you can too. (So far I've only been able to get this to work on an x86 Chromebook, but not on ARM phones.)
- Install Termux
- Basic preparations cargo-culted from Kenn:
apt update apt upgrade apt install coreutils pkg upgrade pkg install termux-tools proot util-linux net-tools pkg install openssh tracepath tree git
- Setup and enter chroot
- Install prerequisites:
pkg install automake autoconf libtool sed grep clang openssl-dev readline-dev
- Side by side, clone gnulib and my repo
git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/gnulib.git git clone https://github.com/nshalman/ipmitool-source cd ipmitool-source
- Brace yourself, if you're on a phone, the rest of this might be a bit painfully slow.
- Bootstrap gnulib, boot strap the build, run configure, and run make
./bootstrap-gnulib ./bootstrap ./configure make
- At this point you should have a working binary at
src/ipmitooland you can proceed to manage your servers with IPMI from your Chromebook.